Watch & Listen
1-2 of 2 videos
Ameline - Eric Sammut
Invention No.8 - J.S Bach
Alex is a graduate of the RNCM (UK) and is currently studying at KCA (Antwerp - Belgium). Available for events in the UK and EU.
3 of 7 photos
Public liability insurance of £10 million
I can perform outdoors
Christmas, Classical, Baroque, Musical theatre, Opera, Film / TV music, Classical crossover, Contemporary classical, Avant garde, Experimental, Noise music, Light music, World music
Concert, Wedding, Hotel / Restaurant event, Private event, Theatre / Show, Cruise, Recording session, Bar / Club / Venue event, Funeral / Memorial service, Church service
Composer, Arranger, Fluent sight-reader, Instrumental teaching, Theory teaching, Transcription, Actor, Accompanist, Composition teaching, Animateur, Examiner
*I am able to arrange popular songs and classical pieces for the Marimba or the Vibraphone on request, (at extra charge)*
Marimba (Concert Solos):
- Ameline (Eric Sammut)
- Italian Song (Eric Sammut)
- Rotations 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Eric Sammut)
- Wind in the Bamboo Grove (Keiko Abe)
- Memories of the Seashore (Keiko Abe)
- Tambourin Paraphrase (Keiko Abe)
- Birdscapes (Takashi Yoshimatsu)
- Two Mexican Dances (Gordon Stout)
- Dr Gradus Ad Parnassum (Debussy arr. Leigh H Stevens)
- Suite Bergamasque, Prelude, Minuet, Claire de Lune, Passepied (Debussy arr. Alex Smith)
- Inventions 6, 8, 13 (J.S. Bach arr. Alex Smith)
- Cello Suite No.3 (J.S. Bach arr. Alex Smith)
- Violin Partita no.3 (J.S. Bach arr. Alex Smith)
- White Squirrel (Julie Spencer)
- Pure Imagination (Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newly arr. Alex Stopa)
Contemporary Classical Solo repertoire:
- Loops 2 - Vibraphone (Phillipe Hurel)
- Omar - Vibraphone (Franco Donatoni)
- Mourning Dove Sonnet - Vibraphone (Christopher Deane)
- Rebonds A&B - Multi Percussion (Iannis Xenakis)
- Loops 4 - Marimba (Philippe Hurel)
- Fabian Theory - Marimba and live electronics (Nigel Westlake)
- Fluctus - Marimba (Nebroska Johan Zivkovik)
- Treatise - Flexible instrumentation (Cornelius Cardew)
Which venues have you performed at in the past?
I have performed extensively on the chamber/solo recital circuit in the North of England. This has principle involved venues like Churches and theatres. I think the marimba sounds especially beautiful in large acoustics, such as the Manchester Cathedral (which is one of my all-time favourite performance venues!).
What is the most high profile gig you've performed?
This is a tricky question to answer! I’ve played many events that have been important for different reasons... one of my personal highlights though is a tour to China with the RNCM Percussion ensemble. We gave concerts in 5 of the most prestigious Chinese concert halls (including Beijing Forbidden City, Wuhan Quintai and more), all with sold-out audiences!
Note: prices may vary based on travel distance. For an exact quote, click “Check availability”.
|Short performance (up to 15 min)||£100|
|Up to 1 hour||£175|
|Up to 2 hours||£250|
|Up to 3 hours||£300|
Audience M, 2 years ago
Audience M, 3 years ago