Full refund if your event can’t go ahead due to Covid
Reduced up-front deposit
Free date changes
Watch & Listen
1-2 of 2 videos
Ne me quitte pas x3
PAMELA FOM - COVID NÃO / CONVIDE NÃO
Steve Potter is a Californian keyboardist & vocalist based in London, playing traditional & innovative versions of jazz, classical, funk.
2 of 2 photos
I have my own portable piano/keyboard
1970s era music, Classical, Early music, Musical theatre, Baroque, Opera, Contemporary classical, Medieval music, Renaissance, Classical crossover, Film / TV music, Experimental, Noise music, Light music, Avant garde, Originals, 1920s era music, 1950s era music, 1960s era music, 1990s era music, Jazz, Progressive rock, Indie, Alternative rock, Balkan, Cuban music, Klezmer, Jazz fusion, Punk rock, African music, 1930s era music, 1940s era music, 1980s era music, Folk rock, Traditional Irish folk, Folk, Bluegrass, Country, Rockabilly, Traditional Scottish folk, Blues, Cabaret, Funk, Hard rock, Heavy metal, Power rock, Italian music, Jewish music
Arranger, Orchestrator, Transcription, Composer, Songwriter, Lyricist, Fluent sight-reader, Repetiteur, Perfect pitch, Instrumental teaching, Composition teaching, Community music worker, Musicologist, Theory teaching, Examiner, Accompanist
1. Love Walked In - George Gershwin (arr. Lee Evans)
2. Prelude No. 2 - Gershwin
3. A Foggy Day - Gershwin (arr. Evans)
4. Embraceable You - George Gershwin (arr. Evans)
5. Love is Here to Stay - George Gershwin
6. Try a Little Tenderness - Harry Woods, Jimmy Campbell, Reg. Connelly
7. Don't Blame Me - Jimmy McHugh (arr. George Shearing)
8. I'm in the Mood for Love - Jimmy McHugh
9. All the Things You Are - Jerome Kern
10. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes - Kern (arr. Evans)
11. The Way You Look Tonight - Kern
12. September Song - Kurt Weill
13. Day Dream - Duke Ellington
14. I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good - Ellington
15. In a Sentimental Mood - Ellington
16. Sous le Ciel de Paris - Hubert Giraud (Edith Piaf)
17. The Things We Did Last Summer - Jule Styne
1. No More Songs - Phil Ochs
2. Hope There's Someone - Antony and the Johnsons
3. A Man of Constant Sorrow - Dick Burnett/ American folk
4. Suzanne - Leonard Cohen
5. Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye - L. Cohen
6. So Long, Marianne - L. Cohen
7. Who By Fire - L. Cohen
8. If It Be Your Will - L. Cohen
9. Dance Me To the End of Love - L. Cohen
10. Hallelujah - L. Cohen
11. The Body breaks - Devendra Banhart
12. Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
13. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
14. Killer Queen - Queen
15. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy - Queen
16. We Are the Champions - Queen
17. Alice - Tom Waits
18. Oh Me - Meat Puppets
19. Lithium - Nirvana
20. The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
21. The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
1. Erik Satie - Gymnopedies Nos. 1-3
2. Satie - Gnossienne No. 1
3. Satie - Prélude de la Parte Héroïque du Ciel
4. John Cage - Dream
5. Cage - In a Landscape
6. Michael Nyman – ‘The Piano’ (music from the film)
7. Claude Debussy - Clair de Lune
8. Debussy - La fille au cheveux de lin
9. Debussy - Rêverie
10. Frédéric Chopin - Preludes (Nos. 13, 15)
11. Chopin - Nocturne, Op. 9, Nos. 1, 2
12. Chopin - Nocturne, Op. 15, No. 3
13. Chopin - Nocturne, Op. 32, No. 1
14. Chopin - Nocturne, Op. 37, No. 1
15. Chopin - Mazurka, Op. 6, No. 2
16. Chopin - Mazurka, Op. 24, No. 2
17. Johannes Brahms - Waltz, Op. 39, Nos. 3, 15
18. Brahms - Intermezzo, Op. 76, No. 7
19. Brahms - Romanze, Op. 118, No. 5
20. Brahms - Intermezzo, Op. 118, No. 2
21. Ludwig Beethoven - Eleven Bagatelles, Op. 119 (Nos. 1-4)
22. Beethoven - Sonata No. 1, Adagio
23. Beethoven - Sonata No. 2, Largo appassionato
24. Beethoven - Sonata No. 8 (Pathétique), Adagio cantabile
25. Beethoven - Sonata No. 14 (Moonlight), Adagio sostenuto
26. Maurice Ravel - Pavane de la Belle au bois dormant
27. Ravel - Petit Poucet
28. Edvard Grieg - Erotik
What if my timings change after I've booked you?
Not to worry. I am always responsive to your needs and can almost always be flexible regarding timing. If timings change slightly in the run up to the event please just let me know.
Can you provide an iPod/DJ service before and between your sets?
How much time do you need to set up?
I usually set up about 1 to 1.5 hours before the performance time in order to do a sound check and get settled into the space.
If I have a piano at my venue, are you happy to perform on that?
Can I pick the songs you play from the set list?
Yes. I am happy to discuss the set list with you, and incorporate any of your requests into the flow of songs.
Are you able to bring your own piano or keyboard?
Yes. I can bring my Yamaha P-45 digital piano.
Can you learn song requests before the event?
Yes, this is possible. Please let me know if you have any requests and I will do my best to accommodate. There is a fee of £30 for this service to take into account practice and rehearsal times.
Which venues have you performed at in the past?
Ambika P3, Battersea Arts Centre, The Charterhouse, iKlectik, Omnibus Theatre (Clapham), Chisenhale Dance Space, Hackney Attic, Handel House Museum, 5th Base Gallery, Betsey Trotwood Clerkenwell, LSO St. Luke's, People Show Studios, Royal Festival Hall, St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Tottenham Chances, The Victoria Dalston, Mascara Bar Stoke Newington
Which artists have you been most influenced by?
Cecil Taylor, Tom Waits, Kendrick Lamar, György Ligeti, Cathy Berberian, John Cage, Pauline Oliveros, Leonard Cohen, Patti Smith, Laurie Anderson, Youssou NDour, Anoushka Shankar, Coumba Gawlo Seck
What is the most high profile gig you've performed?
In December 2018 I performed my original composition for choir, Indonesian bonang pot gongs, ukeleles, cowbells, & signs with words, with Musarc Choir Collective, at the London Contemporary Music Festival, at Ambika P3.
Note: prices may vary based on travel distance. For an exact quote, click “Check availability”.
|Short performance (up to 15 min)||£90|
|Up to 1 hour||£180|
|Up to 2 hours||£280|
|Up to 3 hours||£380|
Seán C, 2 years ago
Cara C, 3 years ago