Watch & Listen
1-3 of 3 videos
Peter Bull - Bagpipes
Peter Bull - Hurdy Gurdy
Peter Bull - Historical Musician
Peter Bull is a solo historical musician who sings and plays a wide range of period instruments
Public liability insurance of £10 million
I can perform outdoors
I have a car I can use to travel to gigs
I require car parking close to venues
I can perform while walking around a venue
1. Ave maris stella (medieval song)
2. Gypsies Round (popular Elizabethan melody)
3. Grimstock (popular Elizabethan melody)
4. Fortune my Foe (slow Elizabethan march)
5. My Friend (German tune)
6. Sellinger’s Round (popular Elizabethan dance tune)
7. English jig (popular Elizabethan dance tune)
8. Brawls of Burgundy (16th century French dances)
9. Petite Rinense (15th century Italian dance)
10. Blaydon races (Folk dance)
11. Kemp’s jig (popular Elizabeth dance tune)
12. Watkin’s Ale (popular Elizabethan tune)
13. Brighton Camp (“The girl I left behind me”) (folk tune)
14. Medieval French dances
15. Hunt’s up (popular Elizabethan dance tune)
16, Greensleeves (popular Elizabethan song, not by Henry VIII)
17. Tobacco is like love (satirical 17th century song)
18. Love will find out the way (folk ballad)
19. Green groweth the holly (Henry VIII)
20. Pastime with good company (Henry VIII)
21. All in a garden (popular Elizabeth dance tune)
22. Quodling’s Delight (popular Elizabeth dance tune)
23. Personent hodie (medieval carol)
24. Dance of Cleves (late medieval dance tune)
25. Tristan’s Lament (medieval melody)
What if my timings change after I've booked you?
I always try my best to be flexible to help ensure your event runs as smoothly as possible. If timings change slightly in the run up to the event just let me know.
Can you provide an iPod/DJ service before and between your sets?
N/A, I am an acoustic musician
How much time do you need to set up?
I usually like to give myself 90 minutes to set up
Can I pick the pieces you play from the set list?
Please let me know if there are particular pieces you would like me to play
Do you bring all the equipment you need to perform?
Yes, absolutely! I bring my own instrument to play acoustically.”
Can you learn specific pieces before the event?
If a song isn't included in our song list there may still be a chance I already know it. If there is a special song you'd like me to learn I will see if I can do this for you. However, there is a fee of £30 for this service to take into account rehearsal times and preparation.
What do your clients love most about your performances?
Spontaneity, informality, especially the fact that I am a multi-instrumentalist, and play a whole range of different instruments (hurdy gurdy, bagpipes, recorders, flute, hammered dulcimer, lute; I also sing. I can appear in period costume, if considered appropriate
Which venues have you performed at in the past?
Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace (London), many venues in the care of the National Trust and English Heritage, art galleries, museums, living history events
Which artists have you been most influenced by?
David Munrow (multi-instrumentalist), Jake Heringman (lutenist), Jim Griffitt (singer)
What is the most high profile gig you've performed?
Tower of London and Hampton Court Palace (London)
Note: prices may vary based on travel distance. For an exact quote, click “Check availability”.
|Short performance (up to 15 min)||£200|
|Up to 1 hour||£200|
|Up to 2 hours||£250|
|Up to 3 hours||£300|
Sandy W, 1 year ago
Louise M, 1 year ago
Read all 14 reviews