Watch & Listen
3 of 3 videos
Public liability insurance
Matthew is a horn player in London.
Christmas, Contemporary Christian, Traditional church music, Military, Classical, Baroque, Classical crossover, Contemporary classical, Early music, Fanfare, Film / TV music, Medieval music, Opera, Musical theatre, Renaissance, Pop, Acoustic, Rock
French Horn, Natural Horn, Wagner Tuba, Baroque horn
Concert, Wedding, Wedding proposal, Funeral / Memorial service, Church service, Hotel / Restaurant event, Bar / Club / Venue event, Private event, Corporate event, Charity event, Recording session, Theatre / Show, Cruise, Burns night, Birthday party, Christmas party, New Year's Eve
Instrumental teaching, Theory teaching, Arranger, Orchestrator, Transcription
- Abbott: Alla Caccia
- Beethoven: Sonata, Op. 17
- Beethoven: Quintet (piano and winds)
- Bozza: En Foret
- Brahms: Trio, Op. 40 for Horn, Violin, and Piano
- Cherubini: Sonata No. 2
- Dukas: Villanelle
- Glazunov: Reverie, Op. 24
- Gliere: Concerto, Op. 91
- Gliere: Intermezzo; Nocturne; Romance; Valse Triste
- Hindemith: Sonata for Horn
- Kroll: Laudatio (solo horn)
- Mozart: Concerto No. 1 in D, K. 412
- Mozart: Concerto No. 2 in E flat, K. 417
- Mozart: Concerto No. 3 in E flat, K. 477
- Mozart: Concerto No. 4 in E flat, K. 495
- Mozart: Concert Rondo
- Mozart: Quintet for horn and strings, K. 407
- Saint-Saëns: Romance, Op.36
- Schubert: Auf dem Strom (horn, soprano or tenor, piano)
- Schumann: Fantasy Pieces, Op. 73 (transcription-original for clarinet)
- Strauss, F: Nocturno, Op. 7
- Strauss, R: Concerto No. 1, Op. 11
- Strauss, R: Concerto No. 2
- Vignery: Horn Sonata, Op.7
What if my timings change after I've booked you?
I always try my best to be flexible to help ensure your event runs as smoothly as possible. If timings change slightly in the run up to the event just let me know.
Can you provide an iPod/DJ service before and between your sets?
How much time do you need to set up?
I usually set up about 1 to 1.5 hours before the performance time.
Can I pick the pieces you play from the set list?
My recital programmes are crafted to ensure contrast and variety in the performance. However, I'm definitely happy to talk this through with you.
Do you bring all the equipment you need to perform?
Yes, absolutely! I bring my own instrument to play acoustically.
Can you learn specific pieces before the event?
If a piece isn't included in my set list there may still be a chance I already know it. If there is a new composition that you would like me to learn then please get in touch.
What do your clients love most about your performances?
The horn's mellow sound can turn a simple tune into something that both soothes and lifts the spirit. Horns can also be tremendously powerful and when the whole section plays loudly the sound will break through any orchestral texture.
Which venues have you performed at in the past?
- The Royal Albert Hall - The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden - Wigmore Hall
Which artists have you been most influenced by?
What is the most high profile gig you've performed?
Swan Lake with the Royal Ballet in Covent Garden
Note: prices may vary based on travel distance. For an exact quote, click “Check availability”.
|Short performance (up to 15 min)||£100|
|Up to 1 hour||£180|
|Up to 2 hours||£200|
|Up to 3 hours||£250|
Booked 6 times through Encore!
4 verified reviews
From Encore customers:
Lindsay T, 2 years ago
Fiona D, 2 years ago
Fiona P, 2 years ago
James M, 3 years ago
From other customers:
Classical S, 3 years ago
Christopher F, 2 years ago