Watch & Listen
1-3 of 4 videos
Schottisch-Chôro - Kieran Gunter Classical Guitar
Kieran Gunter The Prince of Denmark
Kieran is a London based classical guitarist who plays exciting solo arrangements of typical and atypical tunes for his instrument.
3 of 9 photos
Public liability insurance of £10 million
I can perform outdoors
I have a car I can use to travel to gigs
I require car parking close to venues
I can perform with backing tracks
My equipment is PAT tested
I own a PA system
Kieran on Instagram
Christmas, Contemporary Christian, Traditional church music, Classical, Classical crossover, Contemporary classical, Film / TV music, Musical theatre, Opera, 1920s era music, 1930s era music, 1940s era music, Jazz, Latin jazz, Modern jazz, Easy listening, Light music, Acoustic, World music, Argentinian, Bossa nova, Brazilian music, Choro, Flamenco, Cuban music, Latin, Spanish music, Tango
Orchestrator, Arranger, Transcription, Composer, Fluent improviser, Fluent sight-reader, Instrumental teaching, Theory teaching
Traditional Wedding Music
• Bridal Chorus - Wagner
• The Prince of Denmark - Clarke
• Amazing Grace- Newton
• Wedding March = Mendelssohn
• Trumpet Tune - Purcell
• Canon in D - Pachelbel
• The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba - Handel
• Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring - Bach
• La Cavatina – Theme from Deer Hunter
• Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
• Classical Gas - Williams
• Clair de Lune - Debussy
• Rodrigo: Concerto D’Aranjuez (2nd movement) – J Rodrigo
• Gymnopédie No. 1 – Satie
• Gnossienne no.1 - Satie
• From a Foreign Land – Schumann
• Green and Golden – R Towner
• Ode to Joy
• Blue Danube
• Air on a G String – J.S Bach
Spanish/Latin American/World Music
• Cadiz, Granada, Asturias (Suite Española)- Albeniz
• Aquarela de Brasil – Barroso
• A Felicidade - Jobim
• Bulérias Flamenco Solo
• Canarios – Gasper Sanz
• Chega de Saudade - Jobim
• Cuiden Su Vida
• Bolero – Cataluyud
• Danza Guarani – Barrios
• Suite Venezolano No. 2 - Lauro
• Spanish Romance
• Kal Ho Naa Ho
• Koi Ladki Hai
• Lagrima - Tarrega
• The Mission - Morricone
• Tico Tico no Fuba
• Samba Do Aviao - Jobim
• Soleares - Turina
• Suite Brésilienne – Villa-Lobos
• Suraj Hua Maddham
• Valsa Primavera – Barrios
• All You Need is Love - The Beatles
• Angels - Robbie Williams
• Auld Lang Syne – Traditional
• Careless Whisper – George Michael
• Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
• Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys
• Don’t want to miss a thing - Aerosmith
• Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
• Evergreen - Barbara Streisand
• Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
• Happy - Pharrell Williams
• Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
• Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
• Here, There and Everywhere - The Beatles
• Isn’t she lovely – Stevie Wonder
• Make you feel my love – Bob Dylan
• Moondance – Van Morrison
• My Heart Will Go On (Theme from “Titanic”)
• No Matter What - Boyzone
• Perhaps Love - John Denver
• She Loves You - The Beatles
• Someone Like You - Adele
• The Godfather Theme
• Wonderwall - Oasis
• Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
• Valerie – Amy Winehouse
• You are not alone – Michael Jackson
• Yesterday - The Beatles
Show tunes/Jazz Standards
• Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Fats Waller
• All Of Me – John Legend
• All the Things You Are – Jerome Kern
• Days of Wine and Roses – Henry Mancini
• Der Dritte Mann, Harry Lime Theme
• Don’t Get Around Much Anymore – Duke Ellington
• Fly me to the Moon – Bart Howard
• Georgia on my Mind – Hoagy Carmichael
• Girl From Ipanema – T Jobim
• Godfather theme
• I dreamed a dream – Claude-Michel Schöenberg
• Londonderry Air -
• My Favourite Things – Richard Rodgers
• My Romance – Richard Rodgers
• Our Love is Here to Stay – George Gershwin
• Scarborough Fair – Simon & Garfunkel
• Someday my prince will come – Frank Churchill
• Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Harold Arlen
• Summertime – George Gershwin
• The Way You Look Tonight – Jerome Kern
• Triste – T. Jobim
• Zorba The Greek Theme
• All I want for Christmas is you
• Angels from the realm of glory
• Coventry Carol
• Fairy-tale of New York
• Feliz Navidad
• Frosty the snowman
• Hark the herald Angel Sing
• Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
• I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
• In the bleak mid-winter
• It’s the most wonderful time of the year
• Joy to the World
• Last Christmas
• Let it snow
• Mary, did you know?
• Once in Royal David’s city
• come all ye Faithful
• come Emmanuel
• Holy Night
• Rocking around the Christmas tree
• Santa Baby
• Santa Claus coming to town
• Silent night
• Sleigh bells
• The first Noel
• Twelve Days of Christmas
• Walking in the Air
• We three Kings
What if my timings change after I've booked you?
This is normally not a problem and I will try to be as flexible as possible. If you are aware of a change to your timings, please do let me know as soon as possible though.
Can you provide an iPod/DJ service before and between your sets?
The iPod music between sets is a service I am happy to provide on top free of charge.
How much time do you need to set up?
Once all my equipment is in the room it takes me just under 10 minutes to set it up, provided there are no unexpected hitches with the room. To unload everything from my car usually takes 3 runs, so distance from my car to the performing area can affect the load-in time and therefore the total set up time from arriving at the venue.
Can I pick the pieces you play from the set list?
If you have a really strong idea of what you would like to me play and in what order then I am happy to oblige. However, I will always offer my advise so as to ensure the musical programme has some shape and is not just totally random!
Do you bring all the equipment you need to perform?
Yes. All I require from my clients is a space that is two by two meters minimum, a chair (must be without arms) or stool and to be within ten meters of a plug socket. If you are wishing for me to perform outdoors and the nearest plug socket is more than ten meters away I will need you to provide a long extension cable.
Can you learn specific pieces before the event?
Yes, provided it can suitably be arranged for solo guitar. Happily, the instrument is surprisingly versatile so it is more likely doable than not. Prices per special request: Less than a week's notice: £30 Between 1-4 week's notice: £15 More than a month: Free of charge
What do your clients love most about your performances?
That I am right up close and personal to them when I play. There's very little of the "us and them" attitude that can often exist between a performer and the audience. I'm very comfortable with you coming and standing near to me and see my fingers at work if you so want to!
Which venues have you performed at in the past?
A recent selection include: Leeds Town Hall, Royal Festival Hall, Zedel Brasserie, Allerton Castle, Wakefield Cathedral, Theatre Royal Wakefield, Carriageworks Theatre, Saffron Walden Hall, Churnet Valley Railway.
Which artists have you been most influenced by?
Too many to name, but off the top of my head: Maria Schneider, The Impossible Gentlemen, Ralph Towner, A.C. Jobim, Dori Caymmi.
What is the most high profile gig you've performed?
I have performed with Marc Almond to a sold out Royal Festival Hall.
Note: prices may vary based on travel distance. For an exact quote, click “Check availability”.
|Short performance (up to 15 min)||£50|
|Up to 1 hour||£260|
|Up to 2 hours||£325|
|Up to 3 hours||£400|
This includes music before the service begins, music during the signing of the register, and music as guests leave.
Wedding ceremony + Drinks reception
- Music before the service begins, music during the signing of the register, and music as guests leave. - 2 x 45 min performances at the drinks reception.
Wedding ceremony + Drinks reception + Dinner
- Music before the service begins, music during the signing of the register, and music as guests leave. - 2 x 45 min performances at the drinks reception. - 2 x 45 min performances as dinner is being served.
Special Request, 1-4 weeks notice
Special Request, less than a week's notice
Finish later than 22:00
9 verified reviews
From Encore customers:
Gail M, 1 year ago
From other customers:
Graham S, 1 year ago
Rachel S, 2 years ago
Read all 8 reviews