Secure online payments
Free 48hr cancellations
Support available Mon-Sun
Like Blake Baker?
Watch & Listen
1-2 of 2 videos
Never In My Wildest Dreams - Dan Auerbach (Cover)
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison (Cover)
About Blake Baker
Hertfordshire-based soulful acoustic singer-songwriter and cover musician suitable for any function.
3 of 9 photos
Public liability insurance of £10 million
Blake Baker on Instagram
Member of the Encore community forum
Acoustic, Pop, Covers, Rock, Indie
See all genres
Private event, Bar / Club / Venue event, Hotel / Restaurant event, Concert, Birthday party, Charity event, Corporate event
See all event types
See all skills
- Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
- I'm A Believer - The Monkees
- Free Fallin' - Tom Petty
- Dakota - Stereophonics
- Wake Me Up - Avicii
- Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan
- Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
- Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
- Blame It On Me - George Ezra
- Budapest - George Ezra
- Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
- Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
- Galway Girl - Mundy (Irish Folk Song)
- Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
- You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
- Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Angels - Robbie Williams
- Twist & Shout - The Beatles
- Dance The Night Away - The Mavericks
- What's Up? - The 4 Non-Blondes
- Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
- Riptide - Vance Joy
- Save Tonight - Eagle Eyed Cherry
- Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
- Dreams - Gabrielle
- Temperature (acoustic) - Sean Paul
- Take On Me (acoustic) - Aha
- Simply The Best (acoustic) - Tina Turner
Love songs/heartbreak songs
- Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
- Just The Two Of Us - Bill Withers
- How Deep Is Your Love? - The Beegees
- Easy - Commodores
- This Year's Love - David Gray
- I Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
- Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Elton John
- Last Request - Paolo Nutini
- Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
- Don't Know Why - Norah Jones
- Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
- I'm Not The Only One - Sam Smith
- Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
- When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keating
- Have I Told You Lately? - Van Morrison
- Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
- I'm On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
- No Diggity - Blackstreet
- Say My Name - Destiny's Child
- Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake
- Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
- Fallin' - Alicia Keys
- If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys
- Jolene - Dolly Parton
- Take Me Home Country Roads - John Denver
- Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton
- Ho Hey - The Lumineers
- Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
- She's Electric - Oasis
- Golden Touch - Razorlight
- Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon
- Read My Mind - The Killers
- Seaside - The Kooks
- She Moves In Her Own Way - The Kooks
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- Lightning Bolt - Jake Bugg
- Vincent - Don McClean
- Walking In Memphis - Marc Cohn
- She Burns - Foy Vance
- Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
- Bullets - Passenger
- Let Her Go - Passenger
- Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel
- Sound Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
- San Francisco - Stu Larsen
- Blackbird - The Beatles
- Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
- House Of The Rising Sun - The Animals
- Mustang Sally - Various Artists
What if my timings change after I've booked you?
I will always try my best to accommodate any changes in timings, to ensure that the planned event runs smoothly. I also understand that unexpected things can occassionally happen when event planning!
Can you provide an iPod/DJ service before and between your sets?
In theory yes, I have the capability to play music through my PA system, and therefore can play playlists etc for you between sets if you would like. I am not formally a DJ though so it would be more playing music from an phone over the speakers than a DJ music experience etc.
How much time do you need to set up?
I usually try to arrive and begin setting up 45 mins - 1 hour before the performance. As I am a singer/songwriter with a fairly minimal setup, I could do it in 30 minutes at a push, but generally will leave myself some spare time.
Can I pick the pieces you play from the set list?
I have a range of well known covers in my set list which vary in terms of style, feel, and tempo. Generally, the setlists are fairly set but if the booking is made in advance and there is something specifically that you would like to hear, I may be able to accommodate it.
Do you bring all the equipment you need to perform?
Yes, I bring my own guitar, microphone, guitar and mic stands, PA system, and where requierd, extensions and cables. All of the necessary equipment has been PAT tested and I have liability insurance for live performances too.
Can you learn specific pieces before the event?
As mentioned above, perhaps. Naturally, the more time I have before an event to learn a requested song, the more chance I will be able to accommodate the request. Furthermore, it may become difficult to achieve if many new specific songs are requested outside of my set lists, but I will try to be flexible where possible.
1 year ago
Read all 3 reviews